NEW HOLLAND T4S TRACTORS. SIMPLY MODERN
New Holland T4S 55hp(CV) to 75hp(CV) tractors deliver the perfect balance between modern efficiency and the demands for a simple tractor that just does exactly what you need. Entry level two-wheel drive platform ROPS models meet the demands for a basic, reliable and low cost work horse. Four-wheel drive models deliver added traction for even greater versatility. Need a cab? T4S tractors are offered with a new generation four-post cab that delivers the best all round visibility and operator environment in this tractor class. Available with mechanical 8x8 or 12x12 transmissions, with a 20x20 creep speed option down to 0.14kph, a T4S offers the specification choice to suit farmyard, or field, hobby farm or hay and forage enterprises. Need speedy manoeuvrability? A hydro-mechanical shuttle is offered for clutch free changes between forward and reverse. Do you work with heavy rear mounted equipment? With a T4S you can benefit from 3,000kg of rear linkage muscle for best in class performance with Lift-O-Matic™ linkage control as standard. Servo assisted PTO engagement, with an easy to modulate soft start, comes as part of a tractor that is built to meet modern demands for efficiency and ease of operation with traditional simplicity and ease of maintenance.
EASE OF OWNERSHIP
T4S tractors are designed for hard work yet offer extended service intervals. All daily maintenance checks are quick and easy to make which means you’ll spend more time doing what a T4S does best: working. Want more? How about fuel efficient, reliable common rail engines that are biodiesel compliant.
ABSOLUTE DRIVING PLEASURE
From entry-level ROPS to the new generation four-post cab with optional air suspended seat, putting the operator in comfortable control is a priority. T4S cab tractors set new standards in this tractor class, with panoramic visibility of all implements. Powerful heating and air conditioning keeps you comfortable in all seasons. Those specifying a ROPS version do not miss out either, a high comfort suspended seat and well positioned controls come as standard.
Compact and manoeuvrable, with the hydraulic power and versatile transmission choice to suit diverse needs, a T4S can be your one tractor solution. It is equally at home performing loader work in the yard to working a wide range of attachments in the field, park or estate. With ROPS or cab, two- or four-wheel drive, the T4S delivers versatility as standard.
POWER AND PRODUCTIVITY
The smooth running S8000 series engine packs an efficient and reliable power punch of up to 75hp(CV) with outstanding fuel economy and impressive torque characteristics. Offering the ideal balance between power, weight and size, a T4S is designed to offer dependable performance across a wide range of tasks. It is the power and productivity choice for small farms and dairy units, with a specification to suit applications as diverse as municipal works to estate and contract operations.
-PTO ＆ HYDRAULICS
With a rear linkage capacity of up to 3,000kg, a T4S tractor has the muscle to work with a wide range of fully mounted equipment, enabling these versatile tractors to tackle duties beyond the scope of competitive tractors of similar power. Next add a powerful hydraulic flow of up to 47.7 litres/min and the choice of up to three rear remote valves and two mid mount valves. Now add a choice of 540/540E and ground speed PTO. A T4S may be simple but it is by no means basic.
LIFT-O-MATIC™ FOR SPEEDY TURNS
With a T4S tractor, you get the proven benefits of Lift-O-Matic. Proven over many generations of New Holland tractors, Lift- O-Matic offers fingertip fast raise and lower of implements to a pre-set position. During a headland turn, all you do is flip a switch to raise the rear linkage to a pre-set maximum height and at the headlands, do the same again to lower the links to your chosen setting.
STRONG AND EASY TO ADJUST
The rear linkage of T4S tractors follows proven New Holland design, with telescopic adjustment for the lower link arms and adjustable lift rods or alternative quick attach couplers. Subjected to a stringent testing and rigorous quality control process, the CAT II rear linkage has a maximum lift capacity of 3000kg* to work with the heaviest rear mounted implements.
* with Aux lift cylinder
ECONOMY PTO SPEED
The direct drive PTO system reduces power losses from the engine and the number of wearing parts within the transmission for increased productivity and reliability. Activated by a dedicated in-cab lever featuring soft start engagement, the PTO clutch allows the operator to feed power to a driven implement gradually. A choice of PTO speeds are available, including groundspeed, 540 and 540 ECO.
THREE REAR REMOTES
Up to three rear remotes can be specified and benefit from a hydraulic pump output of 47.7l/min, independant of the steering circuit.
MID MOUNT REMOTES. NOT JUST FOR LOADERS.
A loader ready package includes two mid- mount remote valves controlled via the ergonomically positioned joystick. This will enable a T4S to operate a range of specialist attachments to include front mounted equipment.
-TRANSMISSION ＆ AXLES
PROVEN MECHANICAL SIMPLICITY
A key to versatile performance is having the right transmission speed for the application. With T4S tractors, there are three main gearbox choices; dual range 8x8, three range 12x12 or three range 20x20 with creeper. All transmissions share the same proven four synchromesh speeds in each range for easy on the move gear changes. The spread of speeds on offer will suit a wide range of applications, a Creep Speed option further extending versatility. With the creeper option, a T4S tractor can work down to speeds as low as 0.14kph.
TWO WORKING RANGES
• Ideally suited to small farm and dairy unit demands, the entry level 8x8 transmission offers a broad speed selection
• Split into two ranges, with four speeds in each, the operator uses the foot clutch and steering column mounted direction lever to select forward or reverse
THREE RANGES, TWELVE WORKING SPEEDS
• Applications calling for a broader range of speeds have the option of a 12x12 transmission
• Featuring four speeds in each of the three working ranges, this transmission retains the traditional ‘H’ shift pattern
• A 20x20 with creeper transmission option incorporating eight creeper speeds in the low and medium range is available
LOADER FRIENDLY POWERSHUTTLE
• T4S models are offered with a column mounted hydraulic powershuttle
• For front loader applications or speedy headland turns, the hydraulic powershuttle really boosts productivity
TWO-WHEEL DRIVE TURNABILITY
• Two wheel drive T4S tractors offer a 3.65m turn radius
• Ideal for working in confined spaces or for lighter duty hay, forage and yard applications
FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE TRACTION
• Four-wheel drive models feature an un-braked turn radius of just 4.7m
• Fitted with a limited slip front differential, a T4S delivers traction when you need it and brilliant agility when you don’t
• Mechanical foot operated rear differential lock comes as standard
WIDE TYRE OFFERING
• You can order a T4S with the right tyre for your specific needs
• A wide range of tyres are available to match the demands of small farms and dairy units through to specialist growers
DYNAMIC FRONT FENDERS
• Steering angle is maximized thanks to the dynamic front fenders available on 4WD models
• A spring mechanism prevents the fenders touching the tractor chassis, but allows the wheel to continue to its maximum lock
CLEAN, POWERFUL, PRODUCTIVE
Purpose developed for intensive agricultural use, the three-cylinder S8000 engine series that power T4S tractors offers unrivalled power, torque and economy and employ CEGR and DOC after treatment technology for Tier 4A emissions compliance. With extended service intervals these frugal power units offer the rugged, long lived dependability small tractor operators demand from their investment. In work, the engines are smooth and quiet, with maximum torque developed at just 1400rpm, to ensure fast responsiveness when a sudden load is encountered, and fuel efficiency is guaranteed at lower engine speeds. Torque rise on the T4S engine is also impressive, as high as 54% on the T4.55S model, ensuring rapid recovery when the going gets tough and avoiding the need to change down gears in applications such as power harrowing and transport.
THE RIGHT POWER FOR YOUR NEEDS
The right tractor is the one that has the performance you need, not the excess power you will never exploit. With T4S, the choice of 55, 65 and 75hp has been chosen as it reflects the applications these tractors are designed for. In yard or field, choose the power for your specific demands.
IMPRESSIVE TORQUE BACK UP
Some power units can fail to deliver consistent performance in extreme conditions. Not with T4S. Fitted with the latest generation of turbochargers with powerful intercoolers, S8000 power units benefit from a constant flow of cooled air for enhanced combustion efficiency, regardless of temperature and deliver impressive torque rise figures of up to 54%.
EXTENDED SERVICE INTERVALS
With extended service intervals, T4S tractors are built to reduce whole-life operating costs. Daily service checks can be carried out quickly, making a T4S easy to keep at peak operating efficiency.
READY FOR WORK, FROM THE TURN OF THE KEY
The compact design of three-cylinder S8000 engines brings benefits. Not only does the short engine block reduce the overall length of a T4S, the compact design warms up quickly, ensuring the engine reaches its peak operating temperature in a short time.
WE WORK ON THE ERGONOMICS. YOU CONCENTRATE ON THE JOB.
Over 20 years ago, New Holland raised the bar in small tractor design with its TN tractor series. From the outset, these ‘new generation’ small tractors were built around the needs of the operator, with extensive research establishing the best position for all key controls. TN tractors set a new benchmark in establishing the ideal relationship between the operator and the tractor. From those original ideas, T4S tractors benefit from further developments in modern tractor design. A T4S may be simple but that should not be confused with basic. Every penny of our research is invested to make you and our tractors more productive. Quality of design is matched in quality of production. Everything you touch has a solid quality feel to it. All materials are designed to withstand the rigours of a hard life. You invest in New Holland. We invest in delivering high quality in design and build.
SIMPLICITY TAKES GOOD DESIGN
• Transmission levers, hand throttle, remote valve controls, rear linkage raise-lower, Lift-O-Matic™, PTO and electric switches are grouped exactly where you would expect them to be
• Simplified controls help deliver safe levels of high productivity throughout the working day
LOADER READY PUTS JOYSTICK EXACTLY WHERE YOU WANT IT
• T4S loader ready also includes a joystick control positioned just where you need it, with integrated functions to deliver seamless loader operation
TRUE PTO CONTROL
• Mounted within the left hand console, the PTO engagement lever is exactly where the operator would want it
• The PTO levers light action ensures easy modulation of power to the attachment
ADJUSTABLE STEERING COLUMN
• The ideal driving position can be easily achieved thanks to the tilting steering column, activated by a convenient foot pedal
SIMPLICITY MEETS MODERN THINKING
Take the time to look over a New Holland T4S tractor and you will see for yourself that these tractors offer the perfect balance between traditional tractor design and modern ergonomics. New users will quickly feel comfortable and appreciate the easy reach of everything they need to work the tractor safely and efficiently. With the new generation cab, we take this class of tractor to a new level. With its four-post design, and pillar to post glazing, the cab gives superb all-round visibility. An opening glazed roof panel is functional too, allowing loader equipped tractors to be positioned with pin point accuracy. Highly efficient heating and ventilation, with air-conditioning as standard, ensures the operator remains comfortable, whatever the weather
QUIET. COMFORTABLE. SPACIOUS.
The new generation cab of the T4S tractors has a flat floor to eliminate the bulk of a transmission tunnel, making it more spacious. Wide door openings to ensure it is easy to access the comfortable interior and a choice of mechanical or air suspension seat guarantee a comfortable ride. The heating and ventilation package is powerful, keeping the cab mist free in winter and super cool in summer. Low noise levels reduce fatigue and a powerful lighting package lights the darkest nights. With a T4S tractor you get big tractor cab features in a small tractor package.
TRUE ALL-ROUND VISIBILITY
When we describe the new generation cab as offering true all-round visibility, we are not exaggerating. Thanks to the fourpillar cab design, the view from the operator’s seat is panoramic. In tight spaces or when working in the field, good visibility is a valuable aid to productivity. See more, do more.
SEE BEYOND THE ROOF LINE
• All cab models all have a high visibility roof panel to offer a perfect view and provide a bright and airy environment
• The roof panel can be opened for extra ventilation and features a retractable sun blind
CAB ROOF LIGHTING PACKAGE
• With a T4S, four integrated cab roof lights can deliver the extra illumination you need, stretching out into the darker recesses of buildings or helping you spot the last bales in a field
• All models are radio-ready as standard and are compatible with all traditional cartridge radios
• Simply select your design and install, music to your ears
ROPS TRACTOR OPERATORS – WE THINK OF YOU TOO
At New Holland, the comfort of all tractor operators is a key concern. Settle behind the steering wheel of any T4S tractor, and the layout of the controls, the height of the floor pedals, the position of the steering wheel and the comfort shows our operator design focus. Every lever, switch and pedal is positioned for ease of use. Add the low noise from the engine and transmission and you see why a ROPS equipped T4S still delivers first class comfort.
FOPS: FOR PEACE OF MIND
• Both cabbed and ROPS versions, when fitted with the optional canopy, offer FOPS (falling object protection system) technology
Go to site Download pdf